If you’re looking for the best VHF radio equipment, then Uniden MHS75 Submersible 2-Way Marine Radio is the one that you need. It is a handheld, two-way marine radio device with an adjustable power wattage. With its compact and rugged design, this radio machine will give you a reliable service regardless of the weather.
The Uniden MHS75 is made to meet the JIS8 and IPX8 standards for waterproofing. With this device, you can go as deep as 1.5 meters for at least 30 minutes. Apart from that, it has NOAA weather channels, allowing you to monitor the climate no matter how extreme it is.
Long-Lasting Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
Table of Contents
This Uniden marine radio model has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that lasts up to 12 hours. It also has a battery level meter that tells you the amount of power left. Furthermore, this feature tells you if the battery is full when you charge it. Hence, it is quite impossible to overcharge the radio.
Apart from that, it also has a battery/power saver function. Its purpose is to allow you to use the equipment longer even if the power is low. But the best thing about this component is the charging time. It only takes 4 hours to charge, making it as one of the fast-charging handheld marine radio devices available.
The Only Marine Radio That Has an Adjustable Output Power
Most of the marine radio units have a stable power wattage. However, the MHS75 has a switchable power wattage. Meaning, you can plug it in a 1 watt, 2.5 watts or even 5 watts power source. With this feature, you can plug it wherever you go.
Uniden MHS75 Features & Specifications
Apart from the components mentioned above, there are other features that you will get from this marine VHF radio. Here are some of them:
- All USA, Canada, and International Channels – it keeps you updated with all the activities in seafaring.
- Triple Watch With Weather Alert – it lets you track channels 16 and 9 every 2 seconds. This is exceptionally useful at night, and if you want to know the weather pattern at that time.
- Dual, Triple, and Quad Watch Operations – These modes allow you to monitor different channels at the same time. For instance, you can track two Coast Guard channels, one weather, and one marine current simultaneously.
- Memory Channel Scan – As the name suggests, it automatically analyzes programmed channels that are saved in the memory. The process begins with the lowest current and stops when it detects an active channel.
- Clip-On Direct Current Charger – It is an additional component that looks like a cigarette lighter. This tool lets you charge the Uniden submersible radio while on-the-go.
- JIS8 Waterproof Feature – This mode can withstand any wave current and weather pattern. In fact, you can use it under the water for up to 30 minutes. With this component, you can monitor the climate in your area.
Uniden MHS75 Reviews
Considering the reviews coming from its users, we give Uniden MHS75 an 8 out of 10 rating. Most of its users were satisfied by the product they’ve got. According to one of the buyers, this tool is no exception to other Uniden radios. It has an outstanding broadcast and receives all three power wattage settings.
Another user said that this system is what he needs as a coach rower. In fact, he even mentioned that it’s better than other expensive marine radio brands on the market.
Things to Improve
Of course, this tool is not perfect as it also has some flaws. One of the small issues that a customer experienced was the plastic attachment. According to the critic, the battery clips are stiff, making it difficult to bend. As a result, he broke the attachment and wasn’t able to use it again.
Another issue is the scan mode settings. When you turn off the radio, it doesn’t save the last settings. However, it only takes a few seconds to set it up again.
Fortunately, these things can be solved easily. For instance, if the attachments break, you can call the manufacturer, and they will replace it with a new unit. As for the scan mode settings, the manufacturer simply needs to update the system. In that way, users can retrieve the last data after they turn it off.
The Uniden MHS75 is one of the best marine radio devices on the market. It stays true to its promises, such as the 3-power wattage settings. With this feature, you can use this equipment regardless of the output power you have.
Furthermore, it boasts a 12-hour battery usage, which is the longest power compared to other brands. No wonder why it got a lot of positive reviews from its users.
Do you want to know other portable marine radio devices? Do check out other best handheld marine radio here.