Woodworking is one fine job that attracts many homeowners and professional workers. It involves cutting pieces of wood and drilling holes in the finest, smoothest, and fastest way possible to generate one creative and perfect wooden project. This project could be a bench, a table, or a cabinet that exudes a piece of art done with so much precision and perfection.
Have you been wondering if you could also create woodworking projects for your house or as a business? I have concluded that anyone can master the art of woodworking if one knows the type of materials and tools to rely on. Everything can be learned as long one invests on high-quality powered tools. I recently own a woodworking business. It’s a lot of hard work, but it pays to invest in the best-powered tools such as the Delta 18-900L Laser Drill Press.
Here is an in-depth drill press review of Delta which made it possible for me to realize my dream of having a business that sells and with a potential to grow further in different states and countries.
A Heavy Duty Induction Motor
Table of Contents
Delta 18-900L Laser Drill Press takes pride of its ¾ horsepower induction motor. Induction motors have been greatly utilized and developed in history, and famous companies such as General Electric maximize the use of this motor to create products that work with precision and quality.
With the heavy duty induction motor, the Delta laser drill press could work best in generating speeds from 170 to 3000 revolutions per minute. The power factor of this product becomes reliable and efficient in carrying out its heavy duty work with its heavy duty machine.
Accurate and Professional Drilling
Many big-time manufacturers are filled with industrial applications or tools. With Delta drill press, it is one industrial, commercial, and professional application that could be utilized even by household owners. It could be really big and heavy to carry, so it is usually stationary. It has a big heart though in providing accurate work as the best drill press for the money.
For accurate and professional drilling, even DIY workers could take advantage of how good it is like a drill press. Otherwise, it would have been rejected and given a lot of negative floor drill press reviews from its users.
Features and Specifications
- Auto-tensioning belt system – to boost speed, efficiency, and accuracy when utilizing the drill press.
- Adjustable locking levers to produce 16 types of speed drilling– to adjust the speed performance of the product depending on the type of wood to be used.
- Oversized table – to lay down different sizes of wood conveniently or comfortably. It bevels or changes its angle from zero to ninety degrees.
- 6-Inch quill stroke or spindle travel – for optimal or deeper drilling applicable for industrial and commercial purposes.
- Accurate built-in laser – to indicate the central point of a material or bit.
- Large and accessible power switch access – to turn on and off the product instantly especially during emergency situations.
- Twin-laser system – to set the right direction or focus for placing a hole while using the drill press.
- Micro-adjustable depth stops – made of beefy cast iron for durability and reliability.
- Adjustable crank – to lift or raise the table either lower or higher depending on the height and preference of its user.
Delta 18-900L Reviews and Scores
TheDelta 18-900L has earned an overall rating of 4.0 out of five stars as the highest. It has generated a lot of positive drill press reviews. One of its users highlighted, “This laser drill press is sturdy and of very high quality. It worked great on drilling two and a half inches holes in cedar. It’s tough and heavy, and it’s worth the investment of everyone.”
Another customer pointed out, “Pros of Delta laser drill press includes having a larger table, relatively quiet, and nice speed of quilt travel limiters. Overall, I give the design a 4.0 rating. It is a great woodworker’s drill press.”
One notable not-so-good issue raised by a customer is that “the drill chuck spindle could have been working out thoroughly but it’s out of the center by a large margin, like around .012 inches.” This can be replaced though when a customer encounters this issue. Other than this issue, the machine could provide all the drilling needs of a professional or DIY worker.
By design, the Delta 18-900L 18-Inch Drill Press is an impressive item. It looks very sturdy, solid, and durable on the outside. Does it work best as an automatic drill press? With its different parts such as the induction, table, base, crank, and LED lighting, the answer is a huge YES. It can also be utilized to create holes with plastic and metal. In fact, it has also been considered as a best drill press for metal. Its multitasking features make it a great buy. Its reliability and durability are two items that cannot be questioned.
Delta drill press is a quality product that anyone can learn to use. It is very convenient, and it functions as what it is designed to do – to provide speed, accuracy, and efficiency in the woodworking and construction industry. Read more about other best drill press reviews.