What is the best trimmer line to buy? If you want your weeds or grass cut fast, you need to get the best trimmer string in the market today. What should you consider in buying one? Trimmer lines vary in diameter, size, and shape, and the kind you need depend on the tasks you have on hand.
The area where you will cut, what the trimmer line can cut, its length, and its cut are factors in deciding on the type of trimmer line you will use. The thicker and tougher the task is, the heavier and sharper the trimmer line you need. The correct trimmer line size and diameter, plus the style of your line will help you do your tasks with cleaner cuts. This article will let you know the best string trimmer lines out and other tips to help you out, such as finding out trimmer line sizes and trimmer line types. Let us start with the reviews.
|Picture||Model||Editor Ratings||Our Review|
|LoNoiz Trimmer Line|| (4.7 / 5) |
|Maxpower 333665 Residential Grade Round|| (4.5 / 5) |
|Cyclone.155 Trimmer Line|| (4.6 / 5) |
|Husqvarna 639005106|| (4.6 / 5) |
|Oregon 22-895 Gatorline|| (4.8 / 5) |
Best Trimmer Line Review
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Trimmer Line Review
- 1.1 LoNoiz .130-Inch-by-150-Foot Spool, Black LN130DLG-12
- 1.2 Maxpower 333665 Residential Grade Round .065-Inch Trimmer Line
- 1.3 Cyclone .155-Inch-by-315-Foot Commercial Trimmer Line, Red CY155S3
- 1.4 Husqvarna 639005106 Titanium Force String Trimmer Line .095-Inch by 3-Pound Spool
- 1.5 Oregon 22-895 Gatorline Heavy-Duty Professional Magnum
- 2 Best Trimmer Line Buying Guide
- 2.1 What is the best trimmer line to buy?
- 2.2 How to Select the Best String Trimmer Line
- 2.3 5 Different Types of Weed Eater String
- 2.4 What size trimmer line is best?
- 2.5 What are the three factors in choosing a trimmer line?
- 2.6 What are the materials used in weed trimmer lines?
- 2.7 Are there any weed eater string alternatives?
- 2.8 Do you need gas or electric ones?
- 3 Conclusion
The LoNoiz 130-inch-by-150-foot is a weed eater line that is quiet but has a professional, commercial quality. It is made from high quality and durable materials guaranteed to last a long time. This weed trimmer line has a spool with a spiral shape design that effectively cuts better, and shows enhanced results. It also comes with an energy efficiency feature.
LoNoiz is made by the Desert Extrusion Corporation, which is one of the biggest suppliers of trimmer lines. They pride themselves in using state of the art technology with strict quality assurance and control. They also use the best raw materials available, evident in the quality and performance of their string trimmer line products.
This grass trimmer line is suitable for tough weeds that do not break hard surfaces around it. Its diameter helps to lessen any force located in the house siding or deck wood if you accidentally bump into it. It does not matter how near your neighbors are, as it has a noise reduction feature to keep it quiet when you are using it. It is a great alternative for typical trimmer heads and it functions as a one-size-fits-all type of line.
The LoNoiz commercial grade trimmer line can support up to 0.130 inches in diameter size. The diameter size is color-coded so you will not get confused. Price wise, it is very economical for a commercial trimmer line compared to its higher priced competitors. Just make sure that you always wear protective gear when you are operating the trimmer. If you are replacing the line, make sure that the engine is turned off and that the electric cord or the spark plug wire is removed.
The Maxpower 333665 Residential Grade Round is a trimmer line that is 65 inches in diameter. Not only that, it has about 3 pounds of spool of line that’s approximately 1800 feet in length which is great if you want to save trips to buy another. It is also great for residential and homeowner use. Additionally, it has 90 refills and it is made from tough nylon materials.
You can easily wind the spool manually within a couple of minutes. All you need to do is lock the lead part of the string going to the marked spool hole. Then, you just wind it under moderate tension, avoiding crisscrossing the weed whacker string in the direction embossed in the arrow symbol of the spool. It also includes a webbed sheath that makes sure the extra line does not spin off. This will help you control the line while you re-spool.
The Maxpower trimmer line is manufactured in the U.S.A. by Rotary Corporation, a world-class distributor since 1957. They specialize in all kinds of grass trimmer lines and lawn mower parts such as spark plugs, wheels, trimmers, tires, ignition parts, engine components and edger blades. Many people who have reviewed this item gave feedback that this is reasonably priced but provides great quality.
The Cyclone .155-inch-by-315-foot commercial trimmer line, or Cyclone.155 trimmer line for short, is best suited for those in the landscaping business. The weed eater string is very strong and can cut through bigger stuff. It is made of copolymer nylon (commercial grade) that gives superior durability and strength. This is perfect for the high-wheel trimmers that use .065-inch diameter in trimmer measure.
This Cyclone heavy-duty trimmer line can cut anything that comes in its way. It fits the average gas powered manual hand models but make sure that it can fit correctly to prevent any breakage. One thing you need to remember is that it is loud when in use and you should wear protection when using it. It can also cause small debris or rocks to fly when it comes into contact with these.
The Cyclone trimmer line has a 6-bladed shape patent which is used to boost its cutting power. It is also very broad as it measures .155 inches by 315 feet. It is also manufactured by Desert Extrusion Corporation, a world-class leader in manufacturing high-quality weed eater lines. If you are looking for a trimmer line that can fit your high-powered gas trimmer, then the Cyclone .155-inch-by-315-foot trimmer line is the best one for you.
The Husqvarna 639005106 Titanium Force String Trimmer Line is very adaptable as it fits most typical trimmer heads. The Husqvarna trimmer line is made of commercial grade co-polymer. Its patented exceptional design is based on state-of-the-art technology and provides better performance. It also lasts longer because of the design.
It is made of nylon but is considered a “titanium” trimmer line that is more expensive than others. However, the good thing about it is that it lasts longer and wears slowly than its competitors.
The Husqvarna string trimmer line has a speedy acceleration and has level flight features that makes it work quietly in the background. This will also let you lessen your fuel consumption. It is ideal for huge yards. It is also great for any type of household and it can handle any job as it’s a strong, versatile replacement line.
The Oregon string trimmer line is a durable trimmer line made of dual polymer and has a 3-pound spool. Its excellent inner core has strength that prevents any breakage, making it last a long time.
The Oregon trimmer line has a 0.095-inch diameter gauge and the 3-pound spool includes 685 feet of line. It is great for professional and heavy-duty use. Lastly, its square design has been added with aramid fibers. It’s a favorite among landscape or lawn professionals, but it can also be used for commercial purposes. It can save you time and money when you buy it.
It is very suitable for those in commercial business and for landowners who have bigger yards. However, it can be a challenge if there are woody stems or heavy bushes in the way. It’s great in value and is extremely durable in all types of surfaces. Also, it doesn’t bind but the plastic heats up fast which could melt or curl.
So there you have it, the 5 best weed whacker lines or trimmer lines in 2016. If you’re having trouble choosing, always check and take note of the standard string size and the materials you might find when you’re doing maintenance tasks in your yard.
Best Trimmer Line Buying Guide
What is the best trimmer line to buy?
String trimmers are not created equally. You can choose from many brands in the market. They may look the same if you compare the typical weed wacker lines but always pay attention to the shape, the cord diameter, and how it is used.
How to Select the Best String Trimmer Line
You need to consider two things when looking for the best string trimmer line for you- the material and its shape. It also depends on what you’re going to use it for and sometimes you also need to consider the different materials you use and the surroundings of your workplace. To put it simply, the larger your work area, the larger the diameter line you would need. Additionally, weed eater lines also differ in thickness, which is discussed below.
5 Different Types of Weed Eater String
There are 5 common trimmer line types available.
- Spiral Shape Design – The spiral-shaped line is ideally used for battery or electric powered string trimmers because they are quiet. This is also a great favorite for those working in commercial areas because it has noise reduction, so you won’t have to worry about neighbors complaining about the loud noise. The spiral design helps you create clear cuts and is perfect for heavier foliage.
- Square Design – This square design is designed to cut down deep and heavy weeds. Because of its thick and big design, it can knock down any tree or rock that comes in its way. This is best for medium and large sized tasks, and for commercial purposes and professional purposes.
- 6-Bladed Shape – The 6-bladed shape is the average number. It can also be called the multi-sided trimmer line. Its design is ribbed-like for you to be able to cut the weeds and the huge grass areas fast and easy. This is a line that is ideal for commercial purposes with large areas to work on. It is sharper even after prolonged used so the results often show cleaner cuts on the first try.
- Rounded Shape – The round trimmer line is typically for everyday use. It breaks less, it is tough and can be replaced easily. It’s very common and easily obtained. It is ideal for standard or light tasks. It also takes longer to show signs of breakage or use and can it withstand any contact with hard materials such as concrete and metals.
- Twisted Lines – The twisted trimmer line is similar to the rounded shape, only better because their edges are sharper.
What size trimmer line is best?
As we mentioned earlier, the diameter size and the trimmer line thickness is very important to determine what you can do with it. Before you purchase any string trimmer line, find out what its hold capacity is and check the manual if you want to find out more. The three trimmer line sizes are the following:
- (between 0.65″ and 0.080″) for light work – These are used for the small tasks in your household or your lawn. You can also whack any weeds in your driveway or other tiny residential areas.
- (between 0.85″ and 0.105″) for medium work – These are used for medium sized work or places where there are moderate weeds and for light commercial tasks. It’s also perfect for bigger gardens and average-sized commercial areas.
- (those more than 0.110″) for heavy work – These are used for industrial landscaping, golf courses, large yards, huge gardens, and big estates that require dedication and huge amounts of cutting.
Please take note that you need to replace any old, damaged or poor trimmer lines as it affects your performance in terms of speed and efficacy.
What are the three factors in choosing a trimmer line?
Before you select your trimmer line or weed wacker string, you need to research, observe and compare. First, read the manual for your string trimmer and write down its specifications like the size line limit or capacity. It’s best if you select an item that is more versatile and can be useful for your desired task.
Look at around your surroundings and determine if you need to do light, medium or heavy work. Take into consideration the materials you would need to trim down. Does your preferred model work on your work area? Can it cut the materials? Don’t upgrade your tool from the light type model to the heavy-duty one if you’re not going to use it.
Look for the best features it can offer you. Are you in a residential area that has noise restrictions? It’s best if you purchase a smaller line or one that has noise reduction features to help you out. The best trimmer line would depend on the needs of your garden or whatever grassy area you have.
What are the materials used in weed trimmer lines?
There are two common types of materials used in weed trimmer lines. These are:
- Nylon – This is the typical material used in trimmer lines. They are synthetic, hardened monofilaments that can be used for almost all weed-cutting tasks. It also makes a great trimming line if you use the correct line diameter and shape. Trimmer lines made of nylon make a perfect gardening tool for beginners and professionals alike.
- Titanium – Titanium is made up of next generation type of material. They are amazingly efficient and a new contender in the string trimming world. It has quick acceleration that lessens fuel consumption and also reduces the noise. Additionally, it can fit the average trimmer and has level flight distinctiveness. They are very expensive though.
Now that you know the types of weed trimmer lines and what they are used for, make a list of what you need in your garden and buy it. Since you already know the right type of trimmer line for your tasks, you’ll be able to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Are there any weed eater string alternatives?
There is a variety of weed eater trimmer line replacements in the market today. The good part about it is that it is universal and you can find almost any tool, whether it’s gas-powered, hand-powered, electric or cordless. Just take the time to read the manual and check if it’s compatible.
Do you need gas or electric ones?
Gas-powered weed line trimmers are noisy and heavy. They are perfect to use for those with thick weeds or have a huge yard. Some use special gas while others just need regular gas to operate.
Electric-powered weed line trimmers are quieter than the gas-powered ones. You can choose from the ones that are powered using an electrical cord or a battery-powered one. If you choose the battery-powered type, take note of its run time or battery life.
If you’re using these types of tools, you need to be protected always. Make sure that you wear protective clothing. Other accessories that should be part of your gear are shoes and gloves, ear plugs or ear muffs, and visor or safety goggles.
Discover a weed whacker that can help you maintain your area by making sure every corner or area of your lawn, backyard or garden can be reached by it. Taking care of your yard or garden may take a lot of hard work, but the right trimmer line can make all the difference.
Check out other tools for Gardening too!
- Garden Tiller
- Weed Eater
- Hose Nozzle
- Trimmer Line
- Mosquito Fogger
- Weed Killer
- Leaf Blower
- Garden Sprayer
- Mulching Blade
- Cloning Machine
- Grow Tent
- HPS Bulb
- Hydroponic System
- Broadcast Spreader
- Lawn Aerator
- Leaf Rake
- LED Grow Lights
- Rain Barrel