Table of Contents
The Jackson Safety BH3 Auto Darkening Welding Helmet is the welding helmet you should buy if you are after high visibility and usage. The main feature of this helmet is clear lens enriched by the Balder technology, which provides the welder with crystal clear and broad view of the moving piece. This technology aids the auto-darkening feature of the helmet, which is also essential for visibility and protection. Thanks to this feature, any welder will be able to focus on the details of the material he is working on since there is no viewing obstacle.
This welding helmet also features a new design for its outer lens with its curve. As compared to the flat lens, the curved lens provides better protection from splashes and spatters. There will be no issue with purchasing replacement curved lens since many online shops offer this kind of product. No matter what difficulty of welding task is at hand and how much splashes produced from it, better protection will be provided thanks to the curved lens design.
Jackson 370 Safety Headgear for Maximum Protection
The Jackson Safety headgear enables the welder to adjust the lens through side knobs to change the position of the lens from the eyes. The welder can also adjust the size of the headgear depending on the desired fit. It can also be locked in upward position.
Suitability to Varying Welding Requirements
The versatility of the Jackson Safety BH3 Welding Helmet in welding tasks comes from its durable build, headgear design, and lens technology. The adjustments made possible by the comprehensive design of the helmet enables the welder to position the lens lower or high as per requirements of the welding task. The auto-darkening feature of the helmet that has shade settings of #9 to #13 enables the welder to take on different tasks in different environmental conditions.
Jackson Safety BH3 Features
Here are the features and specifications of Jackson Safety BH3 Welding Helmet:
- Lens – Auto darkening filter lens (ADF) with EN379 ratings (specifically, 1/1/1/1); ratings are for optical clarity, luminous transference, dispersal of light, and angular dependence
- Shade Variability – shade range from #9 to #13 for eye protection from radiant energy during MIG welding, arc welding, TIG welding,; also features sensitivity and delay settings for environmental adaptation and task suitability
- Headgear – lightweight and high-density plastic shell for protection of eyes, forehead, neck, and ears from splashes. It comes in an aerodynamically curved cover plate at the front for reduced heat buildup, reflection, and fogging. It is adjustable to suit a variety of welding tasks and compatible with magnifying lens and filters.
- In compliance with ANSI/ISEA Z87.1+2010, which is a standard for high mass impact protection. It also follows DIN Plus requirements for production quality.
- Weight – 2.1 pounds to lessen neck strain
- Dimensions – 9.8 x 9.7 x 9.7 inches
- Power Source – Solar
Jackson Safety BH3 Reviews
As of this writing, the Jackson Safety BH3 has received 95+ reviews. The top positive feedback for this helmet gave a 5-star rating with the reviewer stating that it was great. The reviewer highlighted that it worked flawlessly. It was also comfortable to wear according to him as the headband was not restricting.
However, just as any other helmet, some customers will not be satisfied with what they have purchased. According to the top critical feedback on this helmet, it does not come down far enough such that it burns the welder’s neck from the spatters. The reviewer said that the helmet cannot be adjusted properly. To resolve this, the unit can be returned for a replacement since it could be defective. The wearer must ensure that the helmet has been adjusting appropriately as per welding task requirements to prevent injuries such as burns from spatters.
Nevertheless, most of the buyers of the Jackson Safety BH3 are satisfied with its quality and functionality. Many have commented that it is the best hood in the market.
The overall construction of the Jackson Safety BH3 is durable and high functionality in a variety of welding tasks. Its good build and design make it a versatile hood for a variety of welding tasks and environments. Its technological eye protection and comprehensive design for overall head protection make it a certified winner as a welding helmet. With all of the features of this helmet, it is a necessary tool for any welder to provide maximum protection, excellent visibility, and of course, comfort. Do check out other best welding helmet!