Table of Contents
The Aoyue 9378 Programmable Digital Soldering Station is a reliable product that allows for efficient power consumption while guaranteeing great performance. From the different kinds of digital soldering stations, the Aoyue 9378 has 10 different iron tips, some are removable and some are not.
Aside from the different iron tips, there are more features this digital solders station has. Keep reading and be amazed on what it can offer you.
As mentioned earlier, the Aoyue 9378 has 10 different soldering iron tips; one of the tips is already installed on the iron so just the other iron can be changed tips. These tips are designed to have an auto wake and sleep, for vibration detection, and more; these could really be helpful and practical for you.
It is Designed to Increase the Tip Life
Aside from having 10 soldering iron tips, the Aoyue 9378 is designed to have a programmable sleep function, which means you can set a sleep time for this device. Hence, if you think that you have the tendency of leaving a soldering station on, then you can set a sleeping time so that it would not stay on for a long period of time. This could avoid both wasting energy and destroy the device, which means increasing tip life.
Aoyue 9378 Features and Specifications
This digital soldering station has more features and specifications aside from the two mentioned above. Here are some more that you should expect from the product:
- It can detect movement through a vibration sensor. This is a good feature if movement is important on the component that you are testing, or if you need to be stable when testing a specific component.
- It has a digital thermostat control. Being able to control the temperature is good because you should know the component more than the machine and if you are able to control the temperature, there is a small tendency for the soldering station to destroy your component.
- You can change the unit of temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit in the thermostat control. This is a good feature because there are some people who are not comfortable in using Celsius and vice versa.
- It has two presets that are programmable
- The dimensions of this digital soldering station are 11 x 5 x 9 inches and has a weight of 6 pounds. This is not that that big but it is quite heavy for a digital soldering station but with everything that comes with it, it is reasonable.
- Its wattage is 60 watts, which means that it has high maximum watts. Hence, it can handle that much, which means it can handle the energy that you are going to supply it as long as it is less than or equal to 60 watts.
- It has a warranty so if the product you have is defective or did not fulfill its claim, then you can return the product and ask to repair it or have something to compensate it.
- It is safe from electrostatic discharge or ESD, which means the component you are working on is safe from being destroyed by a sudden flow of energy from your soldering station. Hence, you do not have to worry about your sensitive component.
This is an interesting product so we would like to know what customers are saying about this. For its 111+ customer feedback, we have given the Aoyue 9378 a rating of 8.8/10. This rating is based on the majority of customers who used and stated that they are very satisfied with the product.
One customer expressed his satisfaction over the numerous features of this product. It is comparable with soldering stations 2 times more expensive than the Aoyue 9378, according to the same customer. Another customer stated that he will never revert to using basic soldering stations again because he found that this unit was packed with features without costing too much. Other customers highly recommend it for its solid construction and overall quality. Indeed, a lot of customers have been impressed by this product.
Things to Improve
Since the product has 0.2 stars missing to be perfect, we should know the cons that some customers are saying. One of the users said that did break in his hands, the metal melted there. Another one said that it heats up quickly, and one said that the iron cord is too short for his convenience. Despite these cons from the users, the majority of them actually liked the product, which is nice.
Looking at all the specifications and all the features that this product has, we can see that this Aoyue 9378 is a really good one. Also, we can say that this is worth your money and maybe more, depending on how you are planning to use it. Check out other best soldering iron here!